The Victim Quick Response Program + is administered by Victim Service providers in the province of Ontario and established by the Ministry of the Attorney General to provide timely assistance to victims of the most violent crimes.
VQRP+ offers immediate assistance to provide limited financial support to victims of violent crimes that include homicide or attempted homicide, criminal harassment, child abuse, serious physical assault, domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking and hate crimes.
Through this program, eligible victims who have no other financial means are able to access the following services:
- Emergency expenses to secure premises to ensure immediate safety, such as lock changes and window/door repairs
- Emergency accommodation and meals where there are no secure housing options available.
- Emergency vision care to victims whose eyeglasses/contacts were damaged or destroyed during the commission of the crime.
- Transportation and dependent care costs
- Crime scene cleanup requiring specialized services.
- Funeral expenses to assist families of homicide victims.
- Counselling to provide short-term, early intervention to help victims of serious crime.
Please contact Victim Services Huron to determine eligibility.
If you are eligible, staff will assist with completion and submission of your application.